Solar simulation systems for photovoltaics
Solar simulation and UV exposure testing systems for photovoltaic modules
- PV modules are expected to operate reliably for more than 20 years in constantly changing, often quite adverse ambient conditions. For this reason, it is essential to test the photovoltaic modules under extreme conditions in order to ensure their quality.
- These tests include various quality tests, defined in the guidelines IEC 61215 and IEC 61646, involving artificial load on the materials of PV modules.
- In response to these requirements and based on IEC 61215 / IEC 61646, Dr. Hönle AG has developed irradiation systems which can be used primarily for tests such as light soaking, hotspot or UV preconditioning.
Solar simulation systems for material testing / the automotive industry
- Solar simulation systems adapted to widely varying customer requirements.
- Available in a wide range of designs, for example for production halls, climatic chambers and wind tunnels, and with various options.
- Can be used, for example, for emissions, ageing, endurance and material testing
- Comply with a wide range of standards, e.g. SFTP, DIN 75220, MIL-STD 810, lEC 68, etc.
- The lamps allow almost perfect simulation of the spectrum of natural sunlight as defined by CIE 20 and CIE 80
- Dimming and tunnel shutters
- Height adjustment with ropes, chains, elevating platforms or scissor lifts
- Longitudinal and transverse movements
- Front, rear and/or side fold-out sections
- Moveable lateral irradiations
- Systems with floods with cooling system developed by us
- Plants with special waste heat systems
- Customer-specific control cabinets with Electronic Power Supplies
- UL certification if required
All components, including light fixtures, lighting frames, movements, control cabinets, control systems etc. are developed, manufactured and programmed by us.
The customer receives a turnkey system from a single source.
Irradiation systems with IR lamps offer an inexpensive solar simulation system variant. They are mainly used where the material to be tested merely needs to be heated up and only heat radiation is required.